2016年2月9日星期二

A Narration of Patient with PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease)

My name is Jenna, and I am 42 years old. Fifteen years ago, Polycystic Kidney Disease claimed my mother’s life when she was just 50. My local doctor told us Polycystic Kidney Disease is a kind of hereditary disease and we sisters have a 50% chance to get it. So, he suggested us to perform a check in hospital.
Actually, I am a bit shocked because I was only 28 years old. At the best time of my life, I saw my mother agony fighting against the disease. I am very scared because I have a daughter and I do not want die so young. I was to scared to perform a check.

Two days later, I was told that my sister is diagnosed with PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease). I was deeply desperated. Finally, I was forced to perform a check in my local hospital. Unfortunatly, I couldn’t escape from PKD which is really a disater for me.

Therefore, I was on my way of seeking medical help here and there and I still could not find a satisfactory one. For six years' time, the illness did not pose any symptoms and I did not receive any treatment. However, in the seventh year after I was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease. I began to experience high blood pressure and back pain. What was worse, in March of 2009, the cysts break and my serum creatinine reached up 201.0umol/L (the normal reference range 40-97umol/L) with anemia. The biggest cyst was up to 7cm. This seemed as a bolt from the blue for me.

Finally, I saw Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, China on the Internet. I went there just to have a try because I had no where to go.

I can never imagine everyone here is so friendly and enthusiastic. The nurses take me just like their members. They helped me wash my clothes and cook Chinese food for me. I can see hope from their smiling face and eyes. I was deeply moved and I really appreciate.

Three days later, I got my examination results: Serum Creatinine 215umol/L, Urea Nitrogen: 12mmol/L (the normal range 2-6.9mmol/L). My hemachrome decreases to 90g/L (the normal range 110-160g/L) because of bleeding. Additionally, I also had Urinary Tract Infection. Doctors and nurses gave me a lot of encouragement at that time.

In the following 30 days, I stayed in Shijiazhuang Kidney Hospital to receive their therapies: Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy and Immunotherapy. The doctor told me that Micro-Chinese Medicines are made from natural plants, so they do not cause side effects. Many patients’ illness condition had go better through Immunotherapy. This combined therapy can shrink the cysts effectively. Doctors here made three standards for me according to my specific condition (rest standard, diet standard, environment standard). It was really new for me.

One month later, the doctor ordered a series of examinations for me. The result really gave me a surprise: the biggest cysts was just 4cm. After that, I took Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy for about three months in my home for consolidation.


Now, I am living a happy life without any pain from my illness. What I really want to say is “Thank you so much” to everyone in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital.

Leave a message

Name:

Country:

Email:

phone Number:

skype:

Whatsapp:

Viber:

Disease Description:

Online Doctor

Active Forum Topics