2015年7月10日星期五

My Story with PKD

In April of 2007, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease. During a routine physical, my very thorough doctor felt something odd around the abdomen. Concerned about uterine cysts, fairly common and usually benign, she sent me for an ultrasound.

That's never a good sign. She told me what she saw, what she thought, and why she thought it. She suggested I do some research on the subject, find out what I could. She also told me, more than once, to get a second opinion.

I was in the process of moving from one state to another, over 1,000 miles away. I was going to be without health insurance for a while, but I felt great, I looked great, and I wasn't particularly concerned.

Later that year, I wound up in the hospital for an unrelated issue. My blood pressure was ridiculously high, even taking into consideration stress of being in a hospital. Something had to be done.

In treating my blood pressure, there were various medication trials. One of the favorite, lisinopril, caused me to experience some of the worst side effects, including nearly losing consciousness from walking up stairs and rapid weight gain. Considering all that happend at 1/4 the recommended minimum dose, the drug was dropped. By me, not my doctor. She prescribed medications with side effects and not once reviewed the possible reactions, and what I should watch for.

In order to avoid any side effects of medications, I searched internet for herbal medicine and I came across this hospital in China. I was amazed with such a magic power of the natural herbs and the doctor calls it as Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy. It is comfortable to lie on the bed to enjoy the osmotherapy with the herbal bags and what’s amazing is that I see my largest cyst shrinks 3cm in just 20 days.

I was hospitalized in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, China for about one month and brought the medicines back.

February of 2011 was my last ultrasound. My nephrologist estimated my kidneys to be at about 10 lbs each. She estimated my function to be around 70%. This is my last tests for kidney functions. I even know much clearly about my present condition, but I can feel that I am pretty good.


I will always appreciate this hospital and the beautiful country China. As the Dr. Shan said “ we can not change your genes, but we can change your life with PKD.”

Leave a message

Name:

Country:

Email:

phone Number:

skype:

Whatsapp:

Viber:

Disease Description:

Online Doctor

Active Forum Topics