2015年7月24日星期五

Should I Remove My Polycystic Kidneys with 5-year-dialaysis and Plenty Urine

Q: I suffered from Polycystic Kidney Disease and I have been on dialysis since 5 years ago. But I still urinate a plenty of urine. Both my bros and sisters suffered from the same disease without any treatment. Should I remove my polycystic kidneys?

A: You told me you had been on dialysis for 5 years, but you still urinate a lot. As long as there urine, it means there is remaining renal function and worth receiving treatment. Therefore, I don't suggest you remove your kidneys if there is no serious symptom. You said your brothers and sisters also have the same disease and they are not on dialysis. I suggest they receive treatment early so as to avoid dialysis. It is possible. I hope we can help them avoid the sufferings like you have.

The right treatment for kidney cysts is as follows: On one hand, we have to use western medicine to control the symptoms. For example, the blood and protein in urine, blood pressure and blood sugar should all be well controlled by medications.

For treating kidney cysts, you can use Chinese medicine, which can treat the disease fundamentally. Chinese medicine will restrain the growth trend of the cysts, this is inactivating the epithelial cells of the cyst walls and making it lose the function of secreting. Once the cyst liquid will not be secreted, the cysts will not enlarge.

For the existing cysts, we cannot let them stay here, so we will use medicine to increase the permeability of the cyst walls and the microcirculation. The cyst liquid will be reabsorbed and discharged out through the urine. If the size of the cysts are reduced, the pressure on the around renal tissues will be lower, and the renal function will be better.


Generally patients with PKD will have Renal Insufficiency in their 40s. Early treatment is very important. Usually the PKD develops along with their increased age. In your different ages, PKD develops various prognosis. How old are you?

Leave a message

Name:

Country:

Email:

phone Number:

skype:

Whatsapp:

Viber:

Disease Description:

Online Doctor

Active Forum Topics