2015年7月1日星期三

Polycystic Kidney Disease: Diagnosis, Surgery, Chinese herbs

I was diagnosed with PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease)

Recently during an MRI, it was found that I have multiple growths throughout my kidneys and liver area, one which is massive on the kidney. The doctor sent the MRI disc off to a doctor who specializes in this disease who diagnosed me with polycystic kidney disease.

After diagnosis

I hurt a lot, am having very difficult problems with doctors because of my illness. The stress from the doctors is finally getting me down and I wake up every morning shaking because I know this is very serious. The one cyst is massive in size. I have waited four months to get it drained.

Make an appointment with surgeon

Because of the surgeon, the appointment had to be canceled and I am back to square one, after spending much time and money. I am so tired, I am ready to give totally up and never go back to any doctor again. I feel this way because of trip after trip after trip to the doctors four hours each way and still no help at all.

I give up

Today I gave up. This is too hard for me to handle. They also found two other serious problems that are surgical problems. The doctors will not help me there either. I keep getting the run around such as them saying get the other fixed then we will fix this etc.

Look up for help

I want to know how others are dealing with this. So I hang out several online communities. After that, I felt more depressed. It seems that surgery is the only way to make cysts smaller. What is killing me is that surgery can not cure my disease. It just keeps cysts smaller for a short time and leaves the cysts to enlarge again. I remember some one said: “I know my fate already, repeated surgery + dialysis/kidney transplant = Death.”

I can not control my falling emotion any more. I don’t want dialysis or kidney transplant.


One day, I found an article about Chinese herbs (Chinese herbs for polycystic kidney syndrome) which claims thunder god vine can shrink renal cysts and avoid the regrowth naturally. I am not sure whether it works, but I’d rather to try it.

Leave a message

Name:

Country:

Email:

phone Number:

skype:

Whatsapp:

Viber:

Disease Description:

Online Doctor

Active Forum Topics