2016年7月30日星期六

A letter from A PKD Patient

I am from Xi’an, Shanxi Province, and my family name is Qiu, so people always call me Old Qiu. The year before last, my younger sister was detected Polycystic Kidney Disease (hereinafter called PKD). Since then, I also felt uncomfortable from head to foot, without clear reason. I often felt abdominal pain and felt better if I pressed the abdominal area for a while. The doctor said this disease was inherited, so I was scared very much and worried whether I got PKD also. Later, I went to the hospital to have a check, and the result really let me disappointed. Just as a proverb said, ‘what you scared will haunt you’. I also suffered from PKD and the below was my Case:

Constant Angina occurred in left upper abdomen, but did not radiate into lower abdomen and legs. Enclosed mass can be touched when pain occurs, it felt somewhat hard. Pain could be relieved if pressing the abdominal area for a while. Hiccup and taking gas occur occasionally.

Type-B Ultrasound Examination, CT, Reinforced CT, UTP and renal pelvis imaging presented a clear diagnosis that I had bilateral Polycystic Kidneys, Left Kidney Stone, Left Kidney Dropsy, Left Ureter Expansion and Polycystic Liver.

I didn’t realize the seriousness of the problem unless I got the checking report. Before I went to hospital for a check. I held a fluky attitude that I could not get sick. But the consequence was really out of my expectation, so many diseases haunted me.

My eldest daughter let me in hospital in the same day. How strange for a person who was not normal any more as long as the person lay in the bed. I felt so bored, and I had aversion to doctors, nurses, my wife, my daughter and my son-in-law. I stayed in hospital for 21 days with reluctance, which let me feel in prison. I returned to home immediately once the symptoms got improved. The basic reason was doctors’ talking and behavior manifest that this disease could never be treated. Then why should I stay in hospital?

When I was back to home, my elder daughter suggested me to Beijing for the treatment; my younger daughter was working in Nanjing and asked me to there for a treatment. Although I only have two daughters, they are very filial to me and have some talents. I usually talked with wardmate, and they said no filial children in front of a patient for long. They often complained the difficulty that they could not afford the medical charge. Compared with them, I felt lucky. My two daughters sought qualified hospital to treat Kidney Disease here and there. I nearly got treatment in famous hospital in Beijing, Shanghai, and Nanjing since 2007 to 2009. Besides, I went to Australia for treatment for a while. However, my Polycystic Kidneys became more and more swelling and Serum Creatinine got higher and higher. I once thought about taking an operation, but some experts said it would not have pleasant curative effect to get operation for me at such an age, so I got rid of operation.

Since I got PKD, my elder daughter purchased a car and arranged a driver for us. From that time on, our life was just like the AD said, ‘they are on their way to hospital if they were not in home.’ Our neighbors often asked us’ which hospital you will go this time’. We lead such a life nearly for two years. People usually said you can have nothing except for money and you can have anything except for disease. However, I have money but my disease cannot be treated.

I felt my disease was really uncurable. Now that I would die sooner or later, I did not want to toss about myself any more in such an age. So I kept a straight face and told my family,’ no more treatment, just wait to die! My wife just cried again and again, and I felt more perturbed to hear her crying. My daughters still contacted hospitals everywhere. Later, a PKD patient said he got pleasant curative effect in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital.

I just shrugged this unknown hospital off when my children strongly recommended me to get treatment in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital. I had been to so many famous hospitals and attained little curative effect, so I did not believe in at all that there would be any better hospital in Shijiazhuang. However, I felt a little emotional when my daughter mentioned that this hospital allow patients to visit. Many hospital would not let you access into ward, if you did not be in hospital. This hospital could open wards to the public, and this let me believe in they have the qualifications to treat kidney disease or else their reputations are probably to be stained by those who did not attained good effects. I also thought that it does not matter but this disease can be inherited, where my children should go to treat this disease when they are sick.
I became open-minded once I thought this issue. Move! No matter how big or small the hospital is, whatever specialized or complicated, we just go there! So my wife and I, accompanied with two daughters drove to this hospital from Shanxi.

This hospital was moderate-sized, and the park was very tidy and ordered. I felt cozy when I walked along the ward. When you saw a staff walking towards you, every one nodded and said’ hello’, which is very comfortable. The expert made a judgment at first then arrange necessary test for me. The test report presented Bilateral Polycystic Kidneys, Left Kidney Stones and Polycystic Liver.
Left kidney size: 21x6.5x6.1cm, right kidney size: 17x7.2x6.3cm and the biggest cysts was 8.0x6.0cm.

I felt nothing special on the initial two days, except for their Micro-Chinese Medicine. It felt like massage when the medicine put on the waist, but I still have my confusion about its curative effect. And other assistant western medicines seem to be similar with other hospitals’ administration. Another point was doctors and nurses attitudes are rather nice which could not be felt in other hospitals. But what patients concern most is the curative effect while the service is the second.

Unconsciously, one month passed. I got some tests again, and the results really astonished me. Left kidney size transformed 21x6.5x6.1cm at the very beginning into 15 x 6.1 x 4.2cm, the right kidney also turned small and the cysts also became shrunk. Frankly speaking, I did not believe that this medium-sized hospital can treat my PKD with such a pleasant effect, because I experienced so many famous hospitals but not attained any good effects. I got such a pleasant effect only within one month, which really makes me assure their qualifications.
Soon, my admitting doctor said’ old pal, you can leave the hospital!’ I felt so happy because home is more comfortable than hospital after all. My doctor said, using Micro-Chinese Medicine to fortify the treatment, your kidney can recover gradually.

How did this hospital treat PKD? I cannot say it clear, but they use Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, which is a Chinese medicine with external application. Patients do not need operation and injection to treat kidney diseases which is unique in this hospital. Moreover, this hospital opens their ward to the public, and patients can have a visit and talk with other inpatients. Whether you stay in hospital or not after your visit is totally up to you.


The above letter is from one of our PKD patients, if you need more information about visit our hospital, you can email me at kidney-treatment@hotmail.com.

Leave a message

Name:

Country:

Email:

phone Number:

skype:

Whatsapp:

Viber:

Disease Description:

Online Doctor

Active Forum Topics